Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4 Access Databases, same table in each, syncro

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn0rcha

Programmer
May 15, 2002
Hey all,
I've got a question for all you access guru's :) I'm working on a problem at the moment as follows;

4 Different databases, all containing an identical table, 1 master database. Each day I need to sync the common database table from the 4 different databases into the one master database. Why not put them all into the same database you say? - Well unfortuneatly that is impossible as the databases are situated in different countries and there is no wan or vpn, only ftp access. Is there a way of syncronising the one table in the master database with the identical table that exists in the 4 seperate databases. I can write a php/cf script that would manually do the selects and inserts from all the seperate tables but I was wondering if there was a way to do it using an Access plugin or the likes?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back