Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.90.0.0 SP1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

acegator

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2004
US
I have a windows2003 server I installed the 4.9 client, I then download all the post Sp1a patches and installed them. The problem is it takes and extremely long time to login, I may wait 5-10 minutes. Anyone else have these problems.? thanks.

Yes, we have also encountered this, and other issues, as a result of loading this version of the client. Although I must add that the problem was intermittent and was dependent upon the hardware. For example, we standardize with IBM hardware, I downloaded and tested the client before deploying and I had no problems (my system is about 1 year old). On newer systems we experienced this problem and the postfix did not fix the problem it created other problems.

Use version 4.9 or, in some cases we have had to revert back to 4.83sp2 with XP users. Isn't technology great!

When you installed the client, did you install the NMAS and NetIdentity stuff? If so, and of course you are not using this stuff, I'd remove it and see if that doesn't help.

HTH
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back