Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.4.7 error with .ORG domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

xevious2k

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
Hi All,

I'm haveing a very difficult time resolving this issue and it's beginning to cause problems with our business.

Whenever we try to send e-mail to a .ORG domain, we get a delay message and then an NDR. Here is the NDR...(only the names were changed to protect the innocent)

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: test
Sent: 1/6/2006 6:23 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Person@domain.org on 1/8/2006 6:31 PM
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
<server.NETBIOS.domain.com #4.4.7>

All other e-mail works fine. This is only affecting 3 domains and they are all .org domains. It happens no matter who we send e-mail to within these domains. I know it isn't DNS as I have telneted to their server with no problem from our server. I even tried setting up a local DNS record with their addresses and that didn't work either.

Any ideas would be very helpful???

Thanks,
X2K

Telnet to port 25 on the problem target server. Type EHLO domainname.com

do you see "8BITMIME" listed in the response?

Paul, Reverse DNS is fine.

xmsre, As soon as I type the letter E I get Connection to host lost.

Thanks,
X2K

At fist I thought it would be a lack of 8 bit mime support on a server that advertises support for the EHLO extentions, but it appears there are deeper issues on the distant end. Other than attempt to contact the administrator on the distant end, I don't know what to tell you. The problem is beyond your ability to influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back