Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0.7 and Line Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

testinads2005

Technical User
Aug 16, 2006
US
Just recently I upgraded my IPO 406v2 from 4.0.5 to 4.0.7.

Almost immediatly I started getting complaints from users saying they can not be reached by callers going through the Auto-Attendant (VMPro 4.0 (18)) menu.

When the extension is entered the caller goes straight to the users mailbox and the phone never rings.

I isolated the problem to users who have line-appearance buttons on their phones. When I remove the line-appearance, callers can now enter the extension and be routed to the phone and it rings.

This seems to work fine, but some of my users want line-appearances. Ant idea's?

i think you have to have a call appearance to take a call from voicemail, or for that fact, take a call from another phone. just curious, but try calling that extension from another phone.

You cant have line appearance unless you have call appearances anyway.

I have just tried this and it works ok on 4.0.7 for me.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

the phones have call-appearences (a=, b-, c=) and line-appearences for the 4 CO trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back