Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0.5 Upgrade Issues - Just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2006
US
Just upgraded our Demo system to 4.0.5 from 3.2.17 and experiencing some strange isues... wondering if anyone else is experienceing this as well...

ARS Forms - New to 4.0.5 - Never used LCR - When upgrade completed, I all of a sudden had 2 ARS forms, one Main and one [9]. The [9] seemed to be auto-created in the upgrade and it took all of my [9] Dial shortcodes and put them in to this form. Right after upgrade, unable to make outbound calls, till I created a new shortcode 9N that used the line group for the ARS form... After reading some docs I was able to delete this NEW ARS form for [9] and went with just the one MAIN. So things seemed ok... till....

So that was part one of ARS Issue... 2nd part came today when I found some users during the upgrade had their source numbers cleared out for their extesnion ... example V200. So I added these back in and merged the config. When I pulled config right after this ARS FORM GONE!!!! COMPLETELY! ???? So not sure WTF had happened. I changed the 9N shortcode to use line ID for PRI not ARS form... Merged... All was good.. able to make outbound calls again... I repull config and ARS For mis BACK!! ???!!!! WHAT!!? ?! ?!

Any one experiencing these types of issues with the ARS Form?

Also remote locations that are on IP Phones, have NO dial tone (even though secondary dial tone was checked in the ARS form).

Thoughts anyone? Is this just my demo system that is CRAZY!?! or anyone else experiencing issues with this 4.0.5 upgrade?

Let me know...

Thanks!

Hello.

I have too problem with LCR-ARS migration.
The solution is remove all LCR and make a news ARS items.
With the same LCR programation the ARS is OK, but not after the migration...

Regards.

After upgrade, you have to redo your LCR config to the new ARS config. Your system shortcode should look like this
9N N Dial 0
You can not use semi colons (;)in system shortcode or you will not have secondary dialtone unles you dial 9# instead of just dialing 9.
Also thier can be no other system shortcodes that begin with a 9.
In the ARS table you can use a semi colon (;).
It is easy to route calls over the ARS table.

"The lack of money is the root of all evil

Thanks you for the info & the reply... I'll check my form and see what shortcodes I've got...

Looks like things are settling down now on the upgrade... or for now at least:)

Thank you again!

Tekcetera Support

PROBLEM!

On my system SOE ver 4.05 I have
-line group 6 for all calls except GSM
-line group 63 for GSM calls

I've set up system shortcode
9N N dial sec (where sec is name of ARS)

In ARS I've checked Secondary Dial tone - System tone
Dial Delay time - System
and added short codes
1) N N dial 6
2) 04N 04N dial 63

But I don't get secondary dial tone!
What I did wrong?

Everything was OK on ver 3.2!

Any assistance

I think I read on this forum that in 4.0 Secondary dial tone doesn't start until the dial delay count is met or something like that. There is a difference between 3.2 and 4.0

Make sure you do not have any more system shortcodes that begin with a 9. Otherwise you will not get a secondary dialtone but you can still dial out o.k.
Just a thought.

"The lack of money is the root of all evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back