Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

4.0.10 Pri Bug and Hunt Group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

r6wraith600

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2006
CA
I have done a lot of work recently at a clients site and have come across some changes and issues.

When setting the PRI in manager there is an option that doesn't appear on the PRI configuration at all. This is the drop down for the "channel unit". This is an odd comment because it only applies to a T1 in certain modes. However, I had "timing issues" on the Telco's end and everything was set properly. When I flipped from T1 to PRI Channel unit drop down appeared and I changed it to "Normal". Saved and rebooted and all my timing issues went away.

This menu was only visible when I changed it and it is no longer visible when I look now, but all worked out. Again very odd.

Never mind the .NET framework errors you get when working in the line section on 4.0.10

Hunt Group changes? I have 3 phones in a hunt group. Assume all are free and not is use. If one user places a call out, and a call comes into the group, that one users phone (who made the outbound call) does not ring or even register a call. Call waiting is turned on EVERYWHERE I could find. I called my support and was told, that's the way it is now, he guessed. I got a work around (Hunt group button). However, is this right? They went from 3.2 to 4.0 (for some features) and this was a major thing to change.

So please comment, if you can point me to why the hunt group call flows changed or perhaps I am doing something wrong. Same goes with the PRI setup, why would that channel unit have anything to do with the PRI I was setting up yet not visible in manager when working with the PRI settings.

I have just tested it and I have it as well but on POTS lines. It's either a bug or spec... but really what's the difference.

Ya I wasn't to impressed to see this, I don't remember seeing this in the tech docs for the release cahnges, so i abetting bug.

4.1 better fix this because it's a HUGE problem with my clients and forced me to change a lot of the call flows to accommodate this recent change.

Seriously who testes this software out before it's released to the public? This has to be something that was commented on.

Why should a call ring when you are already on a call and there are members free ???

or do i miss something and the members are not free ???

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I have 2 customers deployed with 4.0.10, and both are experiencing what I perceive to be extraterrestrial behavior with regards to Hunt Group ringing behavior. In each case, a single call to the Main HG, of which ext. "Receptionist" is a member - works fine. It is the 2nd, 3rd, 4th calls that are ringing straight to the HG mailbox. Not good! Recently, an Avaya tech was in to a look, and programming passed their customs. Collective group type, call waiting enabled for Group/User. I don't recall this, ahem, feature previously. Anyone else?

Hey where did the rest of this thread go? I guess they didn't like what I said!

I have the same thing going on with the Collective huntgroup at the receptionist position at a customer site. NOT COOL. I really hope this is an oversight on Avaya's part that will be corrected, otherwise I'm going to have to stop all my customers at 3.2. I have a ticket open with T3, but I have a feeling they might stall me until 4.1 goes GA.

As of last Thurs I was told Tier3 had 4 tickets on it. It's by design, I just don't know why. This really weakens IPO. If it stays this way I will think about looking for a new product. I think at this point the magnitude of the change is lost on them.

I'm hoping for an explanation of the logic behind the change.

I agree. Its like they have no idea how their target demographic uses a business phone system. Every other manufacturer in the world can do this. Up until now, the hunt group programming and flexibility is what made this system stand out for me.

What's lost on me is it was fine from 1.1 until now. I don't get it.

I know that the IPO has had issues from time to time, but they have always worked them out and subsequently the IPO has become even better afterward, but this one really hurts. You said it best, its the way the hunt groups work that really sets the system apart from its competitors among other things. I would like to give the developers the benefit of the doubt and see if this can be remedied quickly.

What I really call into question is the process by which such a change is developed and signed off on.

I ask my self the same question all the time. Do they not test this in their lab b4 making it G.A.

IP Office needs better product management. Problems like this have plagued the product since it was introduced here in the US several years ago: bugs (or design flaws) are not acceptable in the phone business. I have grown weary of these issues and sell fewer IPO systems than ever before.

I just received a response from T3 on this. "Works as designed" is what I was told. If you you want it to work as before, you must roll it back to 4.0.7. He said they are looking at it for the Nov. Maint. release, but no word as to how its going to work in that one. In my response I told them that this is an unusable design. Apparently the "call waiting" check box on a collective hunt group is there just for show. Good luck everybody.

Wow this just sucks! This is something I hope they fix in 4.1 at least. If not I am rolling back to 3.2. Who seriously thought that this was a good idea?!

I am glad I wasn't loosing my mind when I saw this happen.

Sorry for getting back on this thread so late but TLPeter this situation has 2 phones only with it. The second phone sometimes has someone there and sometimes not. Regardless if one person is on the phone they should both ring.

Anyways my fingers crossed that this fix this.

Supposedly there is a private build of 4.0.10 to fix this but I haven't tried it yet.

I have a private build that has fixed the issue - makes system work just like "the old days".
Mike

Mike how can we get a hold of said "private build"?

Private builds available thru your normal support channel - I cannot provide it directly.
Mike

OK perfect I will chase them down then. You would think that this would be something that they would announce in the tech bulletin.

Thanks Mike

Surely this is a bug and has to be fixed - otherwise the "call waiting" feature within SoftConsole (for receptionists) will be no good anymore! They never had the abulity to answer calls waiting in SoftConsole - but that was introduced a few years back. So the design of a "collective" hunt group (with call waiting on) is to take more than 1 call to a group!

Stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back