Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3x8 Music on Hold not working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc321

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2003
CA
Hi all,

Installed a 3x8 and the music on hold feature is not working... basically took a headphone output from a CD player and connected that to pair 25 (Violet/Slate) on the bix. Also made sure that Music on Hold=Y in the **config system settings... I'm not sure what else could be going wrong here? I've not done this on the 3x8 but bigger systems worked fine before...

The pbx is refurb, but otherwise seems to be working fine
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Dc.

Should have also mentioned that this 3x8 is DR1, not DR5

No diff. Bad connection? Use your butt set on the back side of the Bix and make sure you have signal on the cable side. Reseat the ampthenol, take cover off ampthenol check pins are getting signal... 'bout all you can do..

PhM

Another cause I see often is using a mono plug into a stereo headphone jack, where the contacts don't line up properly.

MarvO said it

Lots of fun. I use a set of dollar store headphones and cut the ear part off. Be careful stripping the ends and check that the fine wires inside aren't coated with a thin layer of plastic. A BIC lighter will clear it off.

Hate to ask but are you on the violet/slate pair?

you can test the moh portion of the system by putting a toner on that pair. (ya don't have to worry about volume ontrol then)

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Figured it out! God I feel soo stupid right about now lol.

Under call handling theres an option for:

HOLD = TONES
(I believe thats what it was...roughly)
it needed to be changed to

HOLD = MUSIC

Anyway, thanks for everyones help... sometimes
something small can drive you nuts !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back