Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3x8 DR5.1 with ATA2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelalberta

Vendor
Aug 19, 2017
CA
Hi, I have a nortel 3x8 dr5.1 that we recently installed an ata2 on for a cordless. The system also has a flash voicemail on it. When calls come in on either line, the ccr tree answers the call, when 1 is pressed you get an info message of hours, etc. When 2 is pressed, it transfers to ext 24. All other phones have answer DN so when 24 rings they all ring. That all works good. The problem is after adding the cordless, it won’t ring with all the others when 24 rings, and you can’t pick up the call. Changed wiring and Put a digital phone on that extension, and works as it’s supposed to, so programming should be correct. I did a work around and put extn 24 and the cordless in a pickup group, then when you hear the digital phones ring, you press talk on the cordless, then flash, *75 for call pickup. It works, but not as well as just pressing talk would. I have the cordless extension set up with prime line intercom, answer dn 24 ring, like all other extensions. Not sure what I’m missing, any ideas?

ATA's do not support Answer DN so our workaround for cordless phones is to swap DN's with ATA and the desk set, so when the prime DN was called it actually rang the ATA and in turn the desk set.

I suggest to point 2 to the ATA's DN instead of 24, remove 24 Answer DN from all sets and replace with Answer DN for the cordless.
Con- any call to cordless rings all sets

If you do not want all other calls (such as internal) to ring the cordless then try:
-Leave setup as is
-If spare unused port/DN then install a phone, add that phone to the Answer DN gang then Forward that set to the cordless.

Otherwise get a cordless that allow to program a key to do the Flash*75, I know Engeuis's you can.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thank you very much Curlycord! Makes sense, just thought maybe I was missing something.... and I was lol. I will change it as you suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back