Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd rollover line does not appear or ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenatqrp

Technical User
Mar 5, 2015
Hi all, so management at my job has recently been restructured and we have been left with cleaning up and organizing what they left. We've been having a problem with our 3rd rollover line for some time now but no one seemed to follow through on fixing it, alas, here I am.

We have a Nortel Teleworks T7316e phone. We have 4 phone lines at our office. This is a test we have been conducting using our cell phones... When caller#1 dials our main phone #, our 3rd line lights up and rings. We pick it up and place it on hold. When caller #2 dials our main phone #, our 2nd line lights up and rings. We pick that up and place it on hold. When caller#3 dials in, the phone does not light up or ring on any of our lines. But of course since we are the ones calling, we know there is an incoming call. We are able to pick up the call on our 1st line (where it should be) and place it on hold. And then when caller#4 dials our main phone #, it rings to our 4th line with no problems.

I have checked the appear & ring setting for Line 001 and it is fine. We have 6 sets in the office and they're all the same. Incoming calls ring to all sets in the office and anyone can answer. We've also checked with Verizon (our phone provider) and they say that all of our lines are working correctly. Which, technically it does still dial in and we can answer it but the phone has no indication of a call coming in on Line 001 if Line 002 & 003 are in use. I'm hoping it's a simple setting or something that needs to be changed but I have searched manuals and forums and come up with no answers. Does anybody have any ideas?

Your help is much appreciated!!! Also, if you need more information, I will give you as much as I can!

Thanks exsmogger. Is there anyway to definitively test if it is the trunk card? Also, would the trunk card only affect 1 out of our 4 lines? Line 001 is our main phone # but the ring order is L003, L002, L001, L004.

Yes, only one port on the trunk card could be affected. You could flip-flop lines 1 & 2 at the wiring block. If the problem moves to line 2 then the problem lies with the trunk card. If the problem stays with line 1 then you should give your dialtone provider a call.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

moving the jumper should be the quickest way

We have 3 wiring blocks, I don't know if they're all still being used or if some are from old systems. There's nothing written on any of them. I tried to attach a picture but it's not working. How can I tell which are lines 1 & 2?

Sam173, what is the jumper?

off the phone system Amthenol, the first to the left is line one, second line 2. the system goes line 1 & 2 pair 1 & 2 skip 2 line 3 & 4 of pin 5 & 6. This is assuming you have an MICS or a CICS but seeing you have a T7316E on the system should be one or the other system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back