Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd party voicemail problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajfischer

Instructor
Jan 27, 2005
US
I've got a Opt11C (25.4B) with a 3rd party voicemail on it...has a problem with trunk calls to exts that are forwarded to VM. When a trunk call is forwarded from an ext. the Nortel sends a TN# or prefix number before the ext. number (i.e.- if a trunk call is forwarded to VM from ext. 200....the ANI sent to VM would be "9-0 200"...or "9-1 200")....so the VM does not recognize this prefix and sends the caller to the front end greeting of the VM instead of the personal mailbox of the called party....

Am I able to manipulate this number...turn it off...etc...

Any ideas ??

Thanks!!!

All voice mail systems that proclaim to work on Nortel have solved that since all Nortel systems display the same way for the most part. You can't change that part of the display.

You are seeing the Route Access Code and Member Number followed by who was called. I'm not sure why voice mails number is not in your example...since it is clearly part of the call.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back