Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd party software needed so Access can open cash drawer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBServices

Programmer
Aug 19, 2010
US
I am creating a restaurant database and I would like to make this database handle everything including popping open a cash drawer.Is there a specific software that will integrate w/ Access I can get? Because I don't want to have to use database to create order and then have to use cash register to pay for order. That would be too cumbersome due to trying to keep track of which order was paid for and which one wasn't.
I have looked at a couple POS softwares but they don't work with Access...Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

There are Cash Drawers that attach to receipt printers that open the drawer by sending the "Printer" a Bell (^G).

(RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP acXP, ac07 - winXP Pro, Win7 Pro
Please respond to this forum so all may benefit

Thank you for responding but since this is my first time building a db that will handle this, my next question is what receipt printers will integrate with Access? Are there any specific ones i need to get or will any do? Thank you for your help and I appreciate it very much...

I believe Citizen has such a printer: Just ask Google about POS printers and Cash Drawers.

(RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP acXP, ac07 - winXP Pro, Win7 Pro
Please respond to this forum so all may benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back