Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd party licenses explained, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainedMonkey

Technical User
Aug 20, 2006
US

so, if i want to connect a non-avaya IP phone, or an ATA, to the IPO, i need a license.

where do i get licenses? how much do they cost? what increments are they available in?

thanx.

I believe the licensing is only available in 1-station incriments. I also believe its around $150/license. Sorry, I've only gotten 1 and its been over a year since I got it.

What bothers me is as I look at the 3.2 documentation under the list of available licenses, its not listed. That makes me wonder if support for 3rd party IP devices is nearing an end. :( Or, perhaps it was just a documentation oversite.

Yes, if you are not using an Avaya 46xx or 56xx IP phone, it requres the license (one per registered 3rd party h323 device). Most people use this to activate an IP-based Analog Terminal Adapter (ATA), but others use it to integrate Microsoft NetMeeting into the PBX.

Hope this helps...

Kris G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back