Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd Party Conf Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2006
US
Anyone know of a 3rd party software to help with Conference Calling? I know IPO has the conference center which works fine for hosting calls but I need a solution that allows for Playback of calls.

Along with play back I need the option to pause, rewind and replay a recorded conference. (which is were IPO is lacking)

I've had the ideas of using VM box to replay and using a menu in VMPro, but VMBox is not a very good / professional solution and the Menu in VMPro will only allow for replay no pause / rewind.

I've been in contact with Avaya Support and they did not have an answer for me, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone has a solution...

Please let me know!

Thx !

The recorded file is in WAV format. Play it back with whatever application you want, especially after it is emailed to you.

Looking to make it so I can have external callers dial in to the conference bridge and have them access the file using a pin code.

I know how to get to this point... the part I'm struggling with is the Pause, rewind, fast forward... While it is being played on the conference bridge.

Basiclly a rebroadcast of the conference but with controls on the audio.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

THX!

That would not be a feature of a conference package that I am aware of in the industry. I would not even consider that a feature of a conference call system.

If intuity mode VM box is the rcorded calls destination try the following.

As you listen to your messages you can use the following controls to listen to all or part of the message again.

Press 2 to restart message.

Press 23 to replay header.

Press 3 to pause / resume.

Press 5 to rewind 5 seconds.

Press *5 to restart.

Press 6 to advance 5 seconds.

Now if you want to play that recording into a conference, you might try a three way call, or make on outside call to your own VM to listen to message, then transfer your own outside call to the conference.

One of the callers to the conference being a call on the system to VM, then transferred to the conference would probably suffice. The other option is a three way call feature on one of the trunks which calls into the conference. I have with my cell phone (three way called) others into a conference call because my cell was free to call the other person, so only one of us used minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back