Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3rd Party CIT for multilpe IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus

Vendor
Apr 17, 2003
CH
Can it work?

I shall use a 3rd-Party CTI suite (Estos 3.0) with a existing IP Office. No problem so far.
But now they are about to open a new site with a second IPO (SCN).

I know that, officially using AVAYA tools, it's not possible because the CTI driver must be installed on the same machine to work with Estos, but the AvayaTAPI2 can only handle one system.

Is there a workaround for this?
Thanks for hints.

You need a second server with Estos on the second location.
You also need a Tapi pro license on that second location.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

OK, then we have two independend locations with there own systems.
But, I forgot to say, that the second location is working on the same citrix servers.

Do you think of installing the Estos server part on two differen servers and just the client on the citrix?
This would work for each site. But can a user from site A have a user from site B in his list, to visualize the status?

shouldn't you really also have this conversation with Estos? Avaya uses micro soft TAPI. The TAP driver is "sold as is" from Avaya and there is little documentation. I suggest you use a "try it and see" approach.

As peter said, you will need a CTI Pro licence and to run Avaya's TAPI driver in third party mode. your applications can access the TAPI server with their own set of APIs, and multiple instances are supported.

HSM, I know all the other requirements. But the problem is what you describe with 'multiple instances are supported'.
Do you mean multiple 3rd-Party CTI drivers installed on different machines pointing to the same IPO? This is not a problem.
We need multiple instances of the 3rd-Party CTI installed driver on the same machine pointing to different IPO's. I fear, this is not possible until AVAYA acceps my GRIP request. But it's still 'beeing reviewed'.

Like you say it already, you cannot point one IPO to multiple servers.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Make the new site "Hotdeskers" then you problem is solved i'd guess.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Of course the "Hotdeskers" are users from the main site. and use the Login button and login code on the main site.

This way it's easy to manage only need to make user change on one IPO.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back