Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D tips&tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

needsOLTPadvice

Programmer
Dec 28, 2001
AT
Hello,

As an occasional AutoCAD user sometimes I need to draw in 3D. Generally spoken, anything can be done in AutoCAD, but my productivity in 3D is not as high as I wish. Can you advice me of some usefuls sites, where I could learn 3D tips&tricks for speeding up productivity? For example:
What is the fastest way to snap a sphere or a cylinder to a plain surface? Usually I draw a line or a node in the plain and snap the sphere to it, but sometimes it is difficult to find the proper line.
Or, how to define a node on a cylinder surface, etc.?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

This may sound wacky at first, but don't use those 3D commands like sphere, cylinder, and whatever. Get in the habit of using Extrude, Revolve to make your 3D solids. For your example, if I understand it correctly, make a circle, draw a line thru the diameter, trim to make a half circle, join into a ployline, place it on your plain by snapping to quadrant, when the half circle is where you want it, use revolve to produce a sphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back