Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D grid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivosh

MIS
May 8, 2000
IL
hi yu all.
i need to find a way to make a grid (lines which cross over eachother, like the grid in photoshop, freehand etc.)
which is animated and twist and turn in a 3 dimentional way.
the user has no control over the movement of the grid.
does anyone has a clue how this could be done?

nivosh
nivosh@hotmail.com
love allwais wins

nivosh
nivosh@hotmail.com

I'm working on exactly the same thing. I've not got it finished yet but I've figured out how to actually get the result (I think ;-) ).

Here's what I'm attempting to do...

First you need to construct the grid. This is done by defining the points where each line begins and ends - you don't need to worry about the crossing points.

The lines between the points are drawn by using a scaling technique (this appears in another thread from a couple of weeks back - check out for the script) - to create multiple lines just use duplicateMovieClip.

The 3D manipulation of the points is trickier, you need to do some matrix multiplication here and I'm putting my script together to do this. Once the points change, the line drawing script will readjust the lines to join them.

Not much of an answer I'm afraid but it might point you in the right direction, as soon as I've done my version I'll post it up...

thanks, my friend.
if i had only known math...
maybe you can direct me to a toturial somewhere which explains the basic's of the idea...
any way thanks for the answer i'll keep trying...

nivosh
nivosh@hotmail.com

THANKS ALOT MAN...
it does help me a bit. i'll look it up and see if i can make
a 3d grid out of it.

nivosh
nivosh@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back