Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D graphs from excel causing Adobe error when printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdulac

MIS
Jan 5, 2002
US
So I finally figured out what is causing my adobe print errors. It seems like when I copy and paste any 3d graph from excel i can no longer print my Indesign document. It works fine if the graphs are 2d but as soon as I paste a 3d graph (Bar, pie etc) I can no longer print without getting "Printing Error: The Adobe Print engine has failed to output your data due to an unknown problem.". Has any one heard of this? Or have any work arounds?

In the past I've had issues with graphics and print drivers.
Maybe you can go from Excel to an intermediate step, then to InDesign?
Does it matter which device you're sending it to?

Like, can you make a PDF?
What about font and graphic settings in InDesign?

Regards
Jay

Printing to PDF from Excel is the standard method for placing graphics into InDesign.

While InDesign allows for copying and pasting of content, the ideal workflow involves placing linked graphics.

Yes if I go from Excel to Adobe Photoshop and save the image as a .jpg I don't have the issue. I just do not want to add any extra steps for my staff.

Seems like this shouldn't be an issue.

Nobody suggested JPG. JPG is the worst format to use and an unnecessary step with Photoshop.

If you save as PDF directly from Excel, you retain crisp vectors and text that can be directly placed into InDesign.

Sorry, I don't even need to save it as any format. As long as I paste the chart into adobe and than copy from there it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back