Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3d dxfs 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtempesta

Programmer
Jun 17, 2008
US
I am using autocad 2000i and creating layered 3d/2d objects to export/import into cabinet vision. Is there a certain procedure to follow. When i import to cabinet vision the drawing does not come in nor do any of the layers. Help.

Hi jrtempesta,

You might try creating a release 12 DXF (it should be one of the options in the dialog box) and see if cabinet vision will recognise the file then, I've seen many packages that only recognise version 12 dxf's even though they claim they'll use any version. Also, make sure none of your geometry is in a block - this almost always causes dxf translations to fail.

HTH
Todd

The reason version 12 dxf's usually work, when newer versions don't, is that after v12, some acad entities were renamed: polylines became LightweightPolylines, or 3dPolylines, and software written to look for just "Polyline" wont find them.

If you cant export to version 12, then try exploding your polylines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back