Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D DirectX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpw

Technical User
Aug 26, 2001
SE
Please could anyone give me some advice on how to place a bitmap onto screen and the be able to rotate it with the mouse at all angles. Can this be done. I would like to be able to grab a image then put it in 3d using the bitmap intensity to provide a raised surface for lighter pixels and lower for darker. [sig][/sig]

Under the MSDN topic:

Three-Dimensional Features of the MSChart Control

There is the following description:

You can manually rotate a 3D chart by using the CTRL key and the mouse. To do this, hold down the CTRL key, click on the chart, then hold down the mouse as you drag across the chart image. The following figures show the same chart, before and after rotation.

You might try to place your bitmap into an MSCHart control and then use the rotate method in this control [sig][/sig]

After I sent the note above, I realized that I should add some more explanation.

The 3D graph in the MSChart control is built by placing data into a 3D graph with an X, Y, and Z axis. The image representated in your bitmap file needs to be represented by the 3D graph. Once you have rebuilt your bitmap image as a 3D graph, then you can use the rotate method in the MSCHart control. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back