Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3D card slowing system down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temjin

Technical User
Feb 9, 2005
US
I just installed the Creative Riva TnT2 card onto my PC.
But instead of gaining speed,my PC seems to have gone slower,with a host of problems.
Is it because I only got 32MB DIMM/SIMM RAM?My 3D card got 32 Video Ram and the box stated that Ineeded at least 32 MB of RAM to get the card working.
Is it a case of too little RAM?
Just got a blue screen saying something about '5 stacks...etc,need to free up something...etc'
Any ideas?

Thanks!
:D

Yes you need more ram. You need allot more. 64Mbs is the min these days. 128 will get you going nice and fast.
From the partial error message you gave. I don't quite know whats wrong. It might be an IRQ conflict. To check go to start/programs/accsesories/system tools/system information. Then go to Hardware resources. Click through the tabs that appear. If it is an IRQ conflict you should be able to fix it in the BIOS. I don't know what bios you have. But if you can't figure it out read the manual, and/or call the either the motherboards or the graphic boards tech support.

Hope this helps! [sig][/sig]

I use 512Megs , oh also , just so you dont go overboard and try to buy 256M, just know that for gamming only going from 128 to 256 is only a 7% increase in performance, but going from 32 or 64 to 128 is almost twice as fast the performance in the rams. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back