Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com wireless basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordP

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
GB
Hi All,

I am after some information surrounding the set-up of our 3com wireless environment.
I have been given the task of configuring a pair of 3com WX1200s and after following the documentation I have one switch configured and managed by the WXM software in the way the manual seems to dictate.

The issue I am having is understanding which/where/when to use the appropriate certificates - this could mean I have the switch incorrectly configured of course......

I have created the certificates for admin, eap and web login although I only intend to use distributed certificates to authenticate with the switches - this seems to be the eap.

From reading the manual it seems that the self-signed certs would be acceptable for this most basic of configs, but this seems to be my stumbling block at the moment.

Environment is a Win2k8 domain.

Once I have the initial switch configured I'll move to our second subnet, but one stage at a time

Any assistance greatly appreciated as I am under pressure to get this solution implemented.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back