Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com superstack II 1000 series password recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinto

Technical User
Mar 29, 2002
CA
I recently purchased a pre-owned SuperStack II with the default passwords changed. I am able to enter the switch via the console port, and by resetting it,it allows me to enter a "user/setup" mode that only allows me very limited functionality. If someone can please tell me where I can find the password recovery procedures for this switch I would be very grateful.

Tinto

I'm sorry to say that but only 3Com can solve your problem. You have to send your switch to them or contatct the last own to tell you the old password.

bye

Lomba

You can reset the password. This is a method I found by trial and error so there may be a better way.

power up the unit and when all the LEDs flash hit the reset button on the back side. This should allow you to perform a software upgrade. Enter all the information needed and when the upgrade is complete it should allow you to login with admin and no password.

Can you tell me in more detail how to do this? I have a copy of the agent that I downloaded from the internet site. But I can't seem to connect. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back