Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com NBX voicemail locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewks

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2010
US
We have a 3Com NBX V3000 VOIP phone system running R5_0_28. One of our user's voicemail box is locked up. People can leave messages, but he is not able to retrieve them. I was able to save his messages by configuring a mail client with the NBX IMAP settings, but now that's not even working correctly. When we push the voicemail button on the 3Com 3101 phone it says "Your Mailbox is currently in use. Please try again later." We've also tried accessing the voicemail remotely but get the same results.

When I log into the NBX web interface, go to the NBX Messaging settings & click the Status button it shows the user's voicemail session as being idle for 12000 seconds & counting. I've tried selecting that session & clicking reset, but then I get the following message "Voicemail 37 has been reset. However the associated VAIL session is still not available. Please check other task which may have suspended". I'm not sure where to go from here. I've tried deleting the user's extension & rebooting the phone system but it still won't clear the voicemail 37 session.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back