Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com NBX timing a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatewaybs

Technical User
May 17, 2004
As a consultant my firm needs to bill all phone calls back to clients. Is there a way to show a time of each call either during or immediatly after each call without downloading the NBX Call Report every 10 minutes? We are using NBX 100 ver. R4_1_66.

Nope. Not yet in the firmware. It's been a big gripe with customers to 3Com, but nothing yet.

Tallyho,
Mike

"Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers."

Hi Chaps,

The only possible solution to this is to use the Desktop Call Assistant - which when maximised (left click on the phone icon on the task bar) will show the length of talk time on a call - ie it starts the clock running when the call is answered and ends when you hang up.

HTH

Thanks. The Desktop call assistant sound like all i need but i am unfamiliar with what it is. Is this part of the original software or 3rd party?

BJS

DCA is part of the software package you should have gotten with the NBX. If not, contact your rep since it is a free piece.

Tallyho,
Mike

"Any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers."

We have downloaded the DCA but it does not have a clock function, except for a time indicating when the call started, but then goes away during the call.

Also, all third party software is way overkill. We are willing to pay but not for 100 functions in the hope of using just one.

BJS

Have you considered using account codes?

Feature 888 +account code +# +client phone number (enter this sequence either before or during the call)

In CDR just run a report on Calls Per Account Code.

If you want something with more flexibility with automatic billing statements, I recommend Tapit from ( would not require your users to enter in account codes. It's excellent for Attorney Firms!!

Robert Herrold CIO
Toll Free (866) NBX-HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back