Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3COM Intellijack NJ220-CRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

checker1965

Technical User
Jul 6, 2010
US
Looking to find out how to change the password on the intellijack devices and to see if there are any firmware updates. Any suggestions?

The latest posted firmware is 2.0.23 for the 3cnj220.
I am also trying to find out how to reset the password.

I opened the unit and find a push button. In fact, there is a small hole just to the left of the printed symbol, presumably to insert a paper clip. Though it looks like a reset button, I tried to hold it for 30sec while powering unit up and hold it 30sec during operation. The unit reset but did not clear the password.

So what I am saying is that it is not necessary to open the unit. Just put a paper clip or better a non-metallic object like a toothpick through the pinhole to reset the unit.

The password is needed to change configuration or update the firmware, so it would be nice to be able to factory reset and clear the config information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back