Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3com corebuilder 3500 can not connect terminal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

briankbak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2008
I recently purchased a used corebuilder 3500. I have read many posts online how to reset admin stuff once can get into the administration control, but my problem is I can not get to the login screen for the administration, I have it connected to my windows based computer via serial connection. I have tried all terminal speeds supported : 19200, 9600, 4800, 2400, and 1200 but every time just get a blank screen. I have also read that if you update the software version it will reset the defaults but I can not find a way to install new version of software without loging into the switch. Any help/support will be greatly apreciated.

Forgot to add that I am trying to conenct using Putty and HyperTerminal emulator and another terminal program, all give same thing. One setting I am unsure about is "Flow control" But I have tried connection witht his set to every type and still no luck.

It must be a null serial cable, it is different than a normal serial cable.

hmm, How will I know the difference?

Pay a vistit to your local radio shack and get a null modem adapter.

Thanks for the help, bought one and works just fine.

The adapter changes the pin out of the cable to what 3com requires, You only had a straight through cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back