Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com card which will NOT install!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteTornado

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
CA
Hi,

I want to connect my Extensa 600cd laptop to my LAN. Sounds easy! I installed Windows 98 on it. It detects the 2 PCMCIA controlers, Texas Instrument 1130-PCI controlers. When I check on these in the config panel, they are there and I can see the slots assigned to them. In other words, they responds ok.
I am using a 3Com Megahertz 10/100 CardBus PC card model 3ccfe575BT to connect to the LAN.
When I power on the laptop, I can see the card is communicating with my Hub per the green led.
However, I just cannot seem to get the bloody driver to go in.. Windows detects the card every time, but I have tried all manners of drivers (straight from the 3Com site) and Windows is unable to install the driver.
I tried to install it from the hardware manager window, and I tried from the Network properties windows, but I then get a message that it is a PnP device and to restart.
And on and on.
Welcoming your suggestions, ideas, tips and leads in resolving this!
Cheers.
Marcel, Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back