Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com 5012 & 5232 Routers With MPLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaVoCMeSS

Technical User
Oct 31, 2006
CA
I am new to this forum so bare with me. I am currently implementing mpls on a network with 2 5012 routers, 2 5232 routers and 1 6080 core router. We are using Class Based Queuing along with static routes and mpls with predefined labels. Currently, we have 1 5012 router and 1 5232 router on one rack connected to the core. On a separate rack we have 1 5012 router and 1 5232 router connected to the core. Basically all traffic is directed to the core (6080) router. However, we are now implementing VoIP and I want to be able to send traffic directly to the adjacent 5232 router if voice packets enter the mpls domain instead of passing through the core. However, I am not certain how to do this and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas. Essentially, I want the voice packet to be sent to the first 5012 router and then forwarded on to the 5232 router. Then, I want the packet to be forwarded to the adjacent 5232 router instead of going to the core. The only traffic I want going to the core is data traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back