Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com 4500G PoE 48-PortSwitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

allworxguy

Vendor
Jun 2, 2010
CA
I've just added this switch (new out of the box) to a customer's network. After the initial CL setup (IP address, gateway etc) I can access the GUI but I when going to the screen to add/create VLANs I get the following error message in place of the graphic display:

3Com Switch 4500G PWR 48-Port Software Version 3Com OS V5.02.00s168p19: Device Unrecognized.

You are supposed to get graphic of switch and be able to click on each to program them for VLAN etc.

Has anyone seen this. HP has been no help.

Marv

Can you console into the switch?

I would do that, and check the message log and see what it says. You may need to give it a firmware upgrade, for example.

Console in is no problem.

CLI works fine and i can program the ports that way. The GUI works too except for this one spot.

Firmware is up to date. HP is no help, "this product is discontinued", thanks to the buyout of 3com.

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back