Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com 4500 Stack - DHCP and Linking to a regulat switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

linker3000

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2007
GB
Hi,

I have a 4500 + 4500 PWR connected in a stack and all is working OK, All regular ports are connected in a single VLAN (2), but I am having fun with the following:

On one port there is a DSL router running as a DHCP server but no devices are obtaining addresses. I read elsewhere ( that the VLAN may have to be setup as a DHCP server relay - is this correct and if so any specific pointers?

The two 3Com switches are connected via a pair of gigabit ports (1/0/26 and 2/0/27) . I have connected a regular, unmanaged Netgear gigabit switch to 1/0/25 but I cannot access or PING anything on it. Am I right in thinking I need to put this port into VLAN 2 - or is this configuration not possible. I can access stuff on this switch if I connect it to a standard port on the 3Com stack.

Thanks.

Put the netgear on an untagged port in the specific VLAN.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back