Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3Com 4500 Ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdimas

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2002
CO
Hi, i was trying to reset my 3com 4500 Switch, but i don't what happened and now i can change VLAN ip address but i can't do a ping to this address in the switch or connect to it for IP. I appreciate your help. And sorry for my bad english.

Candelario Dimas
MCP, MCSA, MCSE

Well, you may have succeeded, try using the default IP address of the unit. If you are not familiar with that process, then get the user guide and follow the procedure for accessing the unit.

....JIM....

Hi, I do not express it properly, I can connect to the switch via console, I can assign an IP to the VLAN 1 or any other VLAN, and make changes to the switch and save the changes. but when I connect to any port on the switch (in this case we only have the VLAN1 for testing) I can not ping the switch or make administrative management via IP address, if you connect two or more computers to the switch, these are not seen.

Probably something went wrong during the reset the switch and we want to try to resolve. thanks in advance. We have experience with Cisco equipment, but 3Com are new to us.

Candelario Dimas
MCP, MCSA, MCSE

1/ Check the switch's VLAN port assignments

2/ Chweck the switch's "Management VLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back