Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3C Digit Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXtac

Vendor
Sep 9, 2011
US
Have site that has 3C with SIP trunks to an SBC (AudioCodes). Processing dial 9 calls for outgoing and receiving DID digits for Incoming. SBC also routing call not just to 3C deskphones but also to Teams phones. Customer wants to have 3C Deskphone Users be able to dial the original 4 digit 3C Deskphone number and the system route the call out to the SBC which will then route the call to a new Teams phone. Is it possible to have normal 3C deskphone calls that dial 9 go mout the SIP/SBC trunks and also have 3C Users dial a 4 digit station number, go to the SBC where it will then see the 4 digits and send the call to a Teams set?

As this is an NEC forum, you may need to clarify whether you have an NEC solution or when you say 3C do you mean 3CX which is a different vendor.

The NEC 3C system used to be called NEC Sphericall. So it is an NEC product.

Yes you can. I haven't touched the 3C since I got trained and certified.

In my training lab I connected an Asterisk based PBX (Incredible PBX) running on a raspberry Pi to the NEC 3c by SIP Trunks. I was able to 4 digit dial extensions between both PBXs. The outbound calls to the real world (NEC to Asterisk) went out the same SIP trunks as the 4 digit calls.

That said that was years ago and I don't remember how it was done. I can just confirm you can build the numbering plan so 4 digit extensions go out the SIP trunks audiocodes SBC.

Look at your numbering plan. I think the 3C side will be the easy part. After that you might have to work some magic in the SBC.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

The 3C is the reason why NEC has a standard sip firmware for their DT700, DT800 and DT900 phones.

It is a pure SIP system that is tied to a Windows Domain. Parts of it are cool but other parts are not all that great.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back