Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3945+VWIC2-1MGT-T1+PVDM3 As AS5200 Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie91

MIS
May 5, 2003
US
Hi all.

I currently have an ancient AS5200 with a T1/PRI card+digital modem card installed and hooked up to an Atlas800/600 system to allow me to test analog/PPP dial-ins from standard POTS v.92 type modems.

I have been tasked with migrating that functionality to a 3945, a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 and a PVDM3 card.

Is this even doable? I have found precious little information concerning a modem RAS async dial-in solution using these components. I can't even find documentation that lets me know what the PVDM3 line numbers are on a 3900 series router.

I assume since there is no hardware line support for the PVDM3, I would either create an interface async [line whatever] and then issue the "physical-layer" command to set the line to support async or setup a group-async section. However, without understanding which system lines are the 16 contained in my PVDM, that's not possible.

Has anyone here done something like this with a PVDM3 or even a PVDM2. I understand that common usages are more voice centric, but I would really like to be able to use the PVDM3-16, tied to my T1 VWIC to respond to inbound modem calls across my Atlas.

Thank you.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back