Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3905- log in problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlSwim

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
CA
meridian option 11c, Symposium Call Center Server
Previously agents pressed "in-calls" and were able to log in. The 'in calls" button's red light stayed lit so they knew they were logged in.
Now, they need to press 'make busy" first, then 'in-calls" and the light does not stay lit. The message on the display screen showing the agent is logged in, disappears after a while. A full system shut down was done.

Any ideas?

You said "previously" what changed? Any upgrades? Swap phone out? Does the display say the agents name who is logged in? Is it all 3905's and all started doing this at the same time?

As i recall our Message waiting light never lit when agents logged in..

Here is the sequence of events:
no changes made to the system apart from normal configuration of reg. (3903,4) phones
I receive a report, call center employees are unable to log in. If they are already logged in they can function, take calls etc.
I put in a service call and the outside company re-initialized the system
After that, the users must push make busy in order to log in
All 3905 phones affected the same

We did some other work (changed defautl gateway) about a week after, necesitating a full shut down,but this did not fix the log-in problem.

The phone display does say the agent's name but disappears after the first call
All 3905 are at the same time

The light I was referring to, is the tiny red light below the INcalls button. This used to stay lit as long as the agent was logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back