Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3905 Interface to Motorola Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

wichie13

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
CA
We have a call center setup with 3905's running to a shared headset with the radio system. When they are not on a call they are able to monitor and trasmit radio. We are setting up a new station and the radio company ids asking for a relay from the switch to go to the radio. The old setup used a DAC for recording but the newer sets now go straight digital into the recorder. I think the DAC sends out a status(relay) signal to the radio system to show in use. Can I get something like this straight from the phone switch, or set itself?

Thanks

Its an option 81c rel 3 running 3905 sets with a display based add on.

Wichie

not a factory option for that, that i am aware of. i would look at the dig recorder.. seems more likely that they may be able to provide a relay contact. one i worked with at a 911 center had a lamp(led) per channel for in use status... i used that voltage to operate a micro relay.

you may have to eng a work around depending on how important that request is

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Look at the Algo 4100 AuxBox to see if it might solve your problem. You can put this between the PBX and 3905 and it can be set up to provide relay contacts depending on various switch settings (phone ringing, in-use, etc.)

curtismo

thanks this looks like it might work, too bad they didn't make a unit thaty did multiple sets and relays though.

JP i will check with the recorder manu. to see if they have a relay output on their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back