Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3905 Headset button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maker1

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
Is there any way to mandate that the headset button on a 3905 stays on? If it is turned off in our environment, the rep can hear the caller, but the caller cannot hear the rep.

Just to be clear, the headset should be plugged into the jack on the underside of the phone. The jack on the side is for a supervisor to monitor or for training.

I believe that the jack on the underside is always "live" on a 3905. Failing that I think there is an option on the phone menu to default the headset.

The headset is plugged into the right jack on the back. The problem I have is there is a button on the front of the phone, right under the mute button, that can be turned off. I need it to always be on, without the ability to turn it off.

In which case take a look at the phone menu and see if there is anything there that may do this.

I have read through the NTPs and I didn't see anything that looks like it will do this. I am hoping someone here might know a trick.

Press the Options button, scroll down to "Headset port on call," set it to On. You also have a "Headset port on ext alerter" that is set to On for my phone. Also go to "on hook path" and set it to "Headset selected."

These phones behave differently depending on the firmware. I was having difficulty with a group of people until I updated the firmware on their phones.

We tried choosing the options but that didn't work. We can still turn the heatset function off.

How are you turning it off? On the headset earpiece? And when you say "the rep can hear the caller, but the caller cannot hear the rep," do you mean that audio is coming out speakerphone style, rather than over the headset?

Finally, what firmware version are your phones?

Firmware is 089 for the M3905.

They are pressing the headset button on the front of their phones, turning the light out. When the light is out, you can hear the caller, but they cannot hear you. I need a way to set the phone so the button is always on, regardless of whether or not the button is pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back