Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3904 will not startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

munozj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2010
US
I have a few 3904's that are not booting up. They just display an icon of a phoneset that is crossed out. (see photo) The error seams ominous. I replaced the sets and the line came up fine, but now i have a box full of phones that I'd like to get working again.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0477.JPG

It sounds as if the firmware has corrupted the set.

Details:
Unable to access any overlays on call server, OVL306 given on TTY. This was the result of a failed FDLU to an M3903 telset in my case, I suspect pertinent to all M3900 range of phones however.
After accessing load 32 by using the suspension command and an FWVU is run against the affected TN you get 'PSDL IS NOT IDLE' message

Fix:
Use the suspend command to access ld 32, use fdlc to cancel the suspended command, disable & enable the affected card and re-commence a subseqent FDLU.
This time, in my case, the download was successful.

This particular set in question was served of a Remote Gateway 9150 and it is possible that the set did not respond quick enough to the request for download in the first instance which caused the download to fail on first attempt.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Go to ld 20 and try to download firmware using command fdlf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back