Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3904 Pickup Multiple DNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

echang2

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2003
US
Hi,

I have an Option 11C system with a 3904 that has multiple DNs programmed into the phone. Currently, when a call comes into the KEY 0 DN, I can pick up the receiver and get the call. When the comes in on the other DNs, I have to press that key and then pick up the receiver. Is there a way to be able to just pick up the receiver and talk regardless of what DN the call comes in on?

Thanks,
Ed

I believe if you have IRA in your CLS
and for your [blue]LPK[/blue] setting would be set to how many line apps you have on the phone.
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTA FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD TENA SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD
AHA DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 76999
LHK 1
TEN 2
[blue]LPK 11[/blue]
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 76411 0 MARP
CPND
NAME MARC PEREZ
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 36411 D MARP
02 MCK
03 ADL 16 918778885622
04 CSD
05 MIK
06 ADL 16 918002258989
07 ADL 16 918005733195
08 ADL 16 918882819728
09 ADL 16 918887183017
10 SCN 76611 D
CPND
NAME MARY BYERS
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
11 SCR 26411 D MARP

Thank you! That did it. Just for my edificiation, what is IRA and LPK? What are the numbers associated with LPK?

IRA Incoming Ringing Line Preference Allowed.

LPK (0)-69 Line Preference Key In the NTP's, anything in parenthesis is the default value.

The numbers are for how many lines you want the preference associated with.
In the case oy my TN, I don't have lines programmed on all my keys through 11 but I do have one on key 11. By entering 11 for LPK I am saying that when I pick up my phone it will answer a ringing line on any key up to 11.

Ah, I see. Thank you! I have one more little issue that I'm trying to resolve. I have some phones with the message waiting light lite up, but there isn't a voicemail box associated with the DNs on that phone. Any idea how to turn off the message waiting light?

You can setup a phone with message indication and cancelation keys. If you look at keys 2 and 5 on my TN, I have key 2 set as MCK and key 5 set as MIK.
MCK is the message cancelation key and MIK is message indication key. Once these are setup on your phone, to turn off a light you would press the MCK and the DN of the phone set that you want the light turned off on. It would be the same process for turning on the light. Press the MIK key and the DN of the phone set you want the light on. You have to use the primary DN on the set in both cases (key 0).

the only other way is to add a mb, leave a msg and then delete it. the mck mik key work a lot faster

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Maybe there is an other VoiceMail box with a message waiting indication to the other phones.

Ronald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back