Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3904 and Symposium

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
Hi

I decided to try a 3904 phone with one of our Symposium groups since the phone was already in the office. Currently the group has 10 2616 phones without headsets and then this 3904. When the 3904 is logged in and idle and a call is presented there is just a short beep and then the call is there on the speaker phone. I am unsure why the phone would auto answer like this and am wondering if anyone else has had this experience. The 2616 phones work fine and are ringing until the handset is picked up only the 3904 has the problem.

I already checked the firmware and it matches the firmware on the switch. (089)

i haven't ran across that and i have almost the same setup, 90 percent 2616's and a few 3904's.. post the class if you can, and check it for aaa.. needs to be aad. might just be a bad set but it sounds more like a patch... check your rls and dep list

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the quick reply.
Here is the cls print as requested.

CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD
MWA LMPX RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN CDMR

I have this site up to the latest deplist and patch levels due to another Symposium problem I have that is at Nortel Design. So I am pretty sure it isn't a patch issue. I haven't had a chance to try this at my home site yet but I'll give it a go this week if I have time.

Could it be forcing the call?

Just to add some info this is an Option 11 Release 4.0 with SCCS 5.0.

you should definately check the call presentation on that agent in Symposium. it sounds like a call forcing issue.

hi
I would suggest you give the cls rngi to the phone. Works for me.

john

log onto that set with as admin level user.. not the same one that is broke.. call force may follow the user but it can not follow the set type.. if all users in that group have the same profile, then i don't see another common fix/ rngi doesn't seem to fit but give it a try.. might be a set but i don't think so.. does the set work right when programed as a non acd? i checked nortels site and your the 1st to report auto answer based on set type.. no patch covers your problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the info John. The set is at a site 2 hours away so I wasn't able to log in to it. I changed the call presentation for the agent to a one that doesn't force calls. I'm waiting for the user to call me back but I'm thinking she may be gone for the week with the holiday. If the force change doesn't work I will try the rngi, I had actually thought of it before but didn't think it would matter.

The set does work perfectly as a non acd set. In fact I have a personal DN programmed on key 3 and it rings as normal.

I'll update you when I get some more information. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Check what you have programed in LD 23 with the FORC. It sounds like it is set to "yes" which will have the call come to the agent phone in an answerd state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back