Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3828 Unable to find this media or a blank media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmauri

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
ES
Hi list,

W2000 server SP4, Brighstor v9.0 (build 2200)

I'm having this type of error daily without any reason.
I'm using media pool only on Saturday,(full backup), from monday to friday, differential, and I don't use media pool.
but, when the job starts and has backuped up only 14Gb, it request new media (3828 Unable to find this media or a blank media. )....I don't undestand nothing. why? why at this point? and not at the beginning?
can anybody point me in the correct way?

thanks

Perhaps the tape has filled and the job wants to span to a second tape, and so it is looking for the seq. # 2 tape or a blank tape.

yeah! perhaps, but, How can I know it?
because the files don't exceed than the cartridge capacity.
I can backup 200gb with an ultrium data cartridge, but I have calculated using windows explorer. and it's less than 200gb, so I don't understand the request.
I make a full backup on sat. and differential/incremental (I'm testing which is better when I fixed the problems) from Mon. to Fri. so I understand that the files are less than a full bakcup, aren't it?

actually ARCserve has an activity log and job logs just so you can find out these type of details.

Also Ultrium LTO drives have a 100-200gb capacity. So at anything over 100gb the tape could be full. LTO2 brings the capacity up to 200-400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back