Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3810 wireless on Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesrus

Vendor
Jul 23, 2002
US
Does anyone have the button mapping for the 4 programmable buttons on a 3810? No Avaya documentation appears available. The buttons listed on the phone are 6/7 & 16/17.

I would just program a different speed dial on each of the buttons from the handset, then go into WinSPM, Centralized Telephone Programming, and click on each button until you figure out which buttons are which. (or do a print of the extension info, which will show you which buttons got programmed)

Or, if you can figure out how to program the buttons from the phone itself, put a different speed dial on each button from WinSPM, then check the phone to find out which speed dials you ended up with, to determine which buttons are which.

Thanks 3T
The issue I have is the phone is in Wyoming and I am in Texas, trying to support a non-avaya vendor for a company we support. Most of the phones there are Partner on a Magix upgrade and the current user wants a cordless to replace his Partner phone. Sooo I have to have the vendor install the 3810, then have him renumber the phone to the users current ext., then program the buttons requested, ie: paging, direct vm etc.

Sorry, that doesn't sound like fun :(

Didn't see the 3810 in any of the Magix docs, so it's going to be hunt and peck. You don't have remote access for programming? Have you ever used Monitor? Can you get the phone shipped to you first to work with, then ship to the site?

Strange, I posted a reply last night and it disappeared?
Anyway, I was told that the remote access wasn't working on this system, but I am going to try it if necessary. The phone was unfortunately shipped directly already.
I have tried monitor a couple of times, but I do not know enough about it. MM said in the distant past that he was going to compile a how to guide for it, but I havn't heard any more. MM???? I am still searching for the button mapping.

Thanks CarGoSki, I have that Doc, I spent about 3 hours on the avaya site and the net last night searching, but still nothing on the mapping. Most everything that I found relates to the IP Office. I don't know if the button mapping for that is the same or not.

FYI
The button mapping is 1,2,3,4, on the system.
SA Ring (1)
SA Voice (2)
SA 00 (3)
Blank (4)
In this case I removed the SA 00 and installed SSA buttons of the users phone on the 3810 for portable use. I think that this will be a better solution than replacing his partner phone since the 3810 has such limited functions, even though it maps as a 9040 on the Magix system.
I finally got this from our distributor tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back