Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3725 VoIP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayhawk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2004
US
I have a 3725 that I need to configure to talk to a PRI and my callmanager. I have the callmanager up and now it's time to configure the router so it's ready when the phone company turns up the circuit. I am not sure how to answer the following questions from my phone company or where to go to get the answers from my equipment. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2) # of digits to outpulse
3) b channel selection (i.e. will your equipment grab channel 1 or 23 when making an outbound call)
The reason for this is that BellSouth will start at the opposite end of the T-1 when routing inbound calls to avoid collision
4) will the CPE yield to glare
This means that if both an inbound and an outbound call are attempting to be routed at the same time, the inbound call takes precedence.

# of digits to outpulse is referring to how many digits you want to see for the DID #'s you have on your PRI..

the b channel selection, have them go from 1 to 23 (top to bottom), then you go from 23 to 1 (bottom to top)

as for the CPE yield, this is really not applicable to PRI, since everything is digital, and the B channels are selected randomly from the control messages on the D channel. but if they must have an answer, say 'yes'

BuckWeet

thanks for the info... would you know the command that i can reference in order to configure the b channel selection?

if you're doing MGCP, its in the CCM..

for h.323 its decending by default..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back