Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3702 Unable to connect to group. (GROUP=<none>, EC=NON EXISTENT GROUP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainwilson

Technical User
Jul 5, 2004
GB
Hi guys,

I get this message when attempting a restore operation. I'm using Brightstor 9, running on Windows 2000 server sp4.

I've got two groups, GROUP0 contains the drive and GROUP1 the slots. As far as I'm aware, this was the configuration when the backup was taken.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Kind regards,

Iain Wilson

Iain,
I've checked two of mine loaders and both only have one group (Group0) All the slots were in this group.
Models of the loaders:

MSL5026 and Compaq TL891DLX

I think that your problem is there because you have the two groups.
Did anything got changed on the loader recently?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
GSC

Common sence is not so common anymore

Ok...

This was a bizarre one.

The good news is, it's fixed...

Turns out, there only was one group. I haven't a clue why the other one appeared.

Secondly, what appeared to be causing the problem was a dead tape stuck on one of the heads. For some reason, Arcserve didn't register this and instead started throwing up random errors. Some of the others it decided upon include E6500 "Unable to Open Media", E8025 "Failed to Clean Tape Drive" (that confused me) and C3703 - which kind of made more sense as it was a "tape not found error" - although I would have preffered a "Tape stuck on the head - remove it!" error ;).

So, moral of this story is, if Arcserve throws a fit and starts spewing random errors and showing phantom device groups, you've probably got a tape stuck on the device head!

Thanks for the help guys!

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back