Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3700 CAL not listing server

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenspaulding

Programmer
Feb 14, 2015
US
I've installed RES on a server, set up devices, checked the host file, etc. When I connect the workstation to the network and run CAL, it doesn't see any servers. When I manually enter the info CAL just quits. Any ideas?

Possibly the firewall or other anti-virus. Also make sure you have the latest version of CAL.

No firewall or antivirus - and have latest version of CAL. Legitimately stumped. Checked all the services in servies.msc - everything is running as it should

Are you running it on a network with a firewall? CAL uses a UDP broadcast to find itself. Make sure it isn't being blocked.

I assume you can see the server through the network from the workstation? Maybe a bad hosts file? Double check the ip's in the host

That seems to be it. I can't see the server and don't know how to fix it. Host files on Server are correct. WinCE can connect to internet but doesn't see local network. Any ideas?

I've seen something similar and it was fixed by running the WCF Wipe Compact Flash utility found in DOC\Utilities (this is on a WS5a). You take the "Clear all registry settings" and "Erase Compact Flash" options. After completing this the WS will shut down. After you power back on, you'll be prompted to perform the touchscreen calibration and go through the CAL process again. Hopefully you'll see the server this time.

If it can connect to the internet, but can't see the local network, then something funny is going on. To connect to the internet you need a valid gateway and DNS. Are you sure your local network's IP scheme matches what the WinCE client is pulling?

Do you have a internal Domain, and if so is the server joined to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back