Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3640 WAN Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpc

MIS
Nov 12, 1999
US
I have 2 cisco 3640 routers which each have a (WIC 1 DSU/CSU T1) module installed in them. First, can I connect the ports back to back with a cross-over cable without causing any damage to the modules, due to transmit power levels ? Finally, What would the pin out be for a cross-over cable of this type?

Thanks in Advance

Look at the serial port FAQ here in the forum. It has the details you need for this :)

MikeS
Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Yes,

You can hook up both routers back to back (I have done it to confirm my hardware is working).

You need to make a "T1" x-over cable... To find out how to make this, just go to: and do a search for T1 x-over.

Good luck!

-Charlie

From memory, the last one I made was:

1 - 4
2 - 5

For a T1 x-over.....

Later,
Tre's

1 - 5
2 - 4
4 - 2
5 - 1

You need to cross both pairs RX and TX

MikeS
Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

wybnormal is correct....
Maybe I should have coffee first then post...
What I made was a loopback...lol

Thanks,
Tre's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back