Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3626 Wireless Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4qfp

Technical User
May 14, 2004
US
Does anyone know how well the 3626's work across the 802.11b LAN if you don't use the Avaya Access Points? Any other experience or info anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a wireless solution & the Transtalks just aren't working for us. Thanks.

Basically you need to have a Access Point that supports the SVPP, if you look in the SVPP installation manual it states what access points can be used with the SVPP.

If you want a reliable solution I would not be installing on a cheap access point that does not support the SVPP.

Hope this helps

ipo.gif

I have not tried them myself, but I have reliable intell (sorry been watching my Alias DVD's) that indicates they work amazingly well, quality is better even than the IP hardphones thanks to the AVPP.

Peter

Thanks Peter and MrIPO. I appreciate your reponses and info very much.

Please do follow the approved list of SVP AP's. Spectralink is pretty strict on this subject. Cheap AP's are not supported. The AP's have special firmware to support the spectralink protocol. Also keep in mind that an SVP is required per location. If you have a VPN to another office, you need two SVP's.....

Good-luck!

Arnoud

If you have a VPN to another location why do you need two SVPP's? I thought the SVPP emulates an IP hardphone and converts the SVP packets to ip packets so that it can communicate with the control unit and terefore with any other devices including those at remote locations.

last week I spoke directly to Spectralink, because nobody at Avaya or Crane knew exately how the wireless solutions realy works. The SVP is between the IPO and the AP. The wireless phone talks to the AP, through the SVP to the IPO, so the 36XX never talks directly to the IPO (only when you boot the phone to dowload the required boot files like a regulair IP hardphone).

They said it was also requirred to have a SVP at each site where you want to run 36XX phones.....Don't know why....It has become clear to me that the 36XX solution is not for small numbers of users. Spectralink confirmed this.

I will ask the engineer today whe this is required...

Arnoud

The SVP has to be on the same IP subnet as the wireless phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back