Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3620 / BGP / Load Balanceing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2003
US

I have inherited a network that has a 3620 serviced by 2 "diverse" T1s. It has BGP4 setup and in the past I have evidence that a 3rd party has reviewed the router's configs anually. Every thing has been working great until just recently. They added a few more people and all of a sudden I have gotten a lot of complaints. I used a product called CyberGuage to look at the router and I noticed that one of the Ts is fully saturated with inbound traffic, the other has next to nothing. As far as outbound traffic it seems equally balanced. I know that each T has it's own address but when one of the users trys to VPN in or utilize anything inside of the router it is identified by a an address in a different subnet. So where would the inbound load balencing be set up? And does anyone have an idea what I need to be looking/asking for when I trouble shoot it with someone who know something about this stuff?

Thanks in advance,

James
(Non cisco guy)

With two incoming T1 lines why not check with the ISP and see if they support bonding them together as a multilink interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back