Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

350 Bridge Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

odot

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
US
We have 2 Cisco 350 bridges. I want to make sure they are secure. I have configured 128 bit WEP, SSID and TKIP. I understand that if you use TKIP on your bridge you do not need to configure EAP. No wireless pc's will be used on this network. Are my devices secure enough?

Yes and No. Don't broadcast your SSID, use Mac filtering also. If no PC's are going to be on your bridged connection then only allow the two AP's/Bridges to communicate with each other. The 128bit WEP w/TKIP is good, but it can be hacked in about 45 minutes by a determined hacker. I'd suggest that you have the WEP keys rotate about every 10 minutes or 600 seconds. That way it makes it a lot harder to crack. Hope this helps.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back