Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300ICP Release 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRDO

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
NL
What is the reason that Release 8.0 isn't available on MOL ?

[Replication or Save Conflict]

3300 ICP Rel 8.0 schedule update ( new )

3300 ICP Rel 8.0 is currently targetted to release on Aug 31, 2007

What are the issues ?

Mitel will frequently do this. They do their best to not make generally available any software that has major issues. I suspect that some Beta sites have shown some problems and Mitel wants them fixed first.

Once Rel 8 is generally available, expect to see 2-3 updates in the first month or two as more sites with different configurations are upgraded and have problems. I do my best to wait a bit before upgrading any sites unless the latest Release specifically addresses a problem or need.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Hi FRDO,

Mitel did release the softare for about 2 days, I downloaded it and installed it at our office to test - the main problem I had was the upgrade process caused problems, i.e. all files are not loaded back onto the Mitel when the system does a restore.

I have spoken to Mitel tech support, they are aware of the problem caused with the upgrade, this is one of the reasons why they removed the software from MOL - they have also advised that they have some problems with the SIP side of things and they want to resolve before releasing.

Regards

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back