Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 stack of 4 failed for a sec????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech888

MIS
Sep 3, 2003
CA
For some reason my stack of 4 (3300 series switches) failed or something. All the servers and workstation connected to these switches lost connection and a reboot was required for all. It seem like the switches failed that instance for some reason. It can't be the power because it has UPS backup. I don't remember reading about any log files generated for these switches, or is there one? Does anyone have any idea into why something like this would happen.
There are no vlan or spanning tree setup for this stack.

Thanks

Are you using a matrix module and cascade cables ?. If so make sure that these are connected firmly. Also try and work out where the traffic is going, spread connections across the stack rather than have heavy users on one unit. You should also upgrade to 2.70 code it has some fixes in it that may resolve this issue.

There were some issues with the first release of hardware, but this was only seen with very heavy traffic loads, hardware version 2 and above resolved this

Yes, Awj

I took all your suggestions into consideration when I created the stack. It only happened that one time for a split second and programs using a network connection errored out. I did not have to reset the stack or turn off the power. It has been smooth since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back